You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wednesday, 8 November 2017 1:46:30 PM Australia/Sydney
Dos and don’ts for accessorising this silly season
It’s here: party season! Polish your dancing heels so they’re ready for action at a moment’s notice. Queue the cocktail dresses in their drycleaner’s bags at the front of your wardrobe. And get out the silver cloth – it’s time to make your most glamorous accessories shine.
Whether the invite is for casual drinks by the water or a sophisticated city soiree, we have your guide to this season’s essential party pieces, plus a few dos and don’ts for nailing each look. However, like all rules, the following “don’ts” are just begging to be challenged, even ignored. After all, it’s the silly season and (just about) anything goes!
Top 4 party-season jewellery looks
The key here is to stack those bracelets, bangles and cuffs. It’s the ultimate way to bring a little festive jingle jangle to your ensemble. Best for casual gatherings where fun is the main objective.
Do: mix it up – layer delicate silver beads, solid bangles, fine chains and chunky links, different coloured metals, and maybe add a watch and a knotted silk kerchief for good measure.
Don’t: go so crazy that you end up being noisier than the DJ on the dance floor.
When elegance is required, there’s really no match for pearl. Our designs subvert the pearl’s reputation for traditionalism. Clean and contemporary pieces in bright sterling silver allow the natural luminescence of the freshwater pearl to take centre stage.
Do: Keep it modern with edgy minimalism. A monochrome outfit is ideal.
Don’t: overdo it. Two or three well-placed pearls can be infinitely chicer than a whole string.
The most direct way to spell “party time” through your accessories is a pair of statement drops. Especially if you’re not usually a big earring wearer. Pop on a pair and see how they change the way you carry yourself, and even alter your mood.
Do: experiment with a different look in honour of party season. For example, wear your hair up if you usually wear it down – drop earrings look gorgeous with a dramatic updo.
Don’t: pair statement earrings with a statement necklace – each needs a little breathing room. Try drops with a cuff or an oversized cocktail ring instead.
Soft and pretty, perfect for warm summer nights, rose gold plated sterling silver is our final pick for this year’s party season. Delicate necklaces, fine bracelets, sweet little studs or hoops and understated rings take on a whole new look when finished in a coppery glow.
Do: go two-tone by pairing the clarity of bright sterling silver with blushing rose gold. They are born partners, like strawberries and cream.
Don’t: mix yellow and rose gold. Unless of course you’re going for a maxed-out, uber-glitzy look, in which case the more golden tones you can pile on, the merrier!
Tuesday, 7 November 2017 1:00:00 AM Australia/Sydney
Top tastemakers reveal their hot jewellery looks for summer
In need of inspiration for your new-season wardrobe? We’re taking our accessorising cues from our most stylish friends, bloggers and girl crushes on social media.
NAJO’s top 4 hottest summer jewellery looks – and how to style them!
1. Hoop earrings
Unquestionably, hoops are set to be THE statement earring this summer. Whether they’re traditional hoops or studs with a hoop drop, big and graphic is the name of the game.
Melbourne fashion blogger @biancamelb pairs her Carlotta Stud Earrings with off-the-shoulder gingham and denim shorts. Also fans of the off-the-shoulder top and hoop earring combo are @hudsonandharper and @inspiringwit. This classic combination of flirty frills, bare shoulders and gleaming silver hoops screams summer. It’s like a modern take on Mexican folk fashion – think Frida Kahlo – so it’s no wonder we love it!
2. Fine layered necklaces
Bare sun-kissed skin needs little embellishment to carry it through the steamiest months of the year. It’s a time to forego the chunky statement pieces and opt for fine, light accents. No one gets this more than beach babe and Sydney blogger @hollyleelu. Holly is rarely seen without a barely there necklace or two, perfectly layered and casually teamed with an assortment of fine stud earrings. It’s sexy, effortless and perfect for summer. One of her favourite layering pieces by NAJO is the Like a Breeze Necklace. The shorter length sits high on the collarbone so you can pair it with longer pieces like the Carumba Necklace – as worn with a simple white tee by the gorgeous @belindabw.
Yep, you heard right. Pearls. These definitely aren’t your granny’s pearls though. Modern and graphic, they add polish and sophistication to your formal summer wardrobe. Our Couture Stud Earrings and Pendant will take you from long days at the office to those after-work soirees and Christmas parties. The secret to perfecting this modern take on pearls is to go monochrome in your wardrobe. See Brisbane’s @twocorporategirls and Sydney’s @lyndlkean for how to rock black and white for the ultimate in corporate cool.
4. A ribbon of silver or rose gold…
The final word in summer style from our favourite tastemakers is ultra simple: nothing more than a fine, minimalist ‘ribbon’ of rose gold or highly polished sterling silver. Its appeal is obvious: versatility and timeless beauty. This clean, understated look works with everything from @sherlockdiary’s white linen shirt and @caseyaburgess’s sleeveless chambray shirt to a head-turning red dress, as seen on @_belindaliana_.
Thursday, 5 October 2017 4:18:38 PM Australia/Sydney
Your best-ever race day outfits, sorted!
Spring carnival season is here and that can only mean one thing. No, not horses, fashion! Pretty dresses and heels, pedicures and faux flower crowns are the order of the day. However, if the idea of investing in another new ensemble seems a little much this year, then take a cue from our minimalist approach to the racing season.
Think low-key, high-quality outfits that will see you through from Melbourne Cup to the office Christmas party and well beyond.
All you need is one well-cut, understated dress in classic black or white and a simple pair of well-made heels. Ditch the fascinator and bring personality and polish to your look with beautiful sterling silver statement jewellery that lasts.
Sound like your idea of style? Here’s our edit for your chicest spring carnival ever.
1. Statement wristwear. Accent your arms with substantial sterling silver cuffs embellished with oxidised silver designs or bold and bright gemstones. Or choose a bangle or two in beaten or highly polished silver in organic shapes. Finally, opt for the fluid movement and impact of a bracelet style in glimmering silver beads, chunky links or undulating tears. Your best bet: our showstopping Flutter By Night Cuff, featuring spring-inspired motifs of flowers, ferns and dragonflies.
2. Bold necks. Bring any outfit to life with an impossible-to-ignore necklace. A covetable heirloom-quality piece from our Collectibles range, such as the Ovalados or Abanico is a foolproof way to make your look a winner come race day. If your style is more modern and minimal, try a sleek silver pendant on a striking black cord, or the clean lines of a classic collar. In for the win: try the Tenderness Necklace – perfect whether your neckline is strapless, collared or v-neck.
3. Flirty hoops. Draw attention to your face and set yourself apart from the crowd by choosing glamorous earrings instead of a fussy headpiece. The fun and whimsy of the occasion calls for hoops – they’re playful and dressy at the same time. Choose from two-tone, edgy geometric styles or large fine rounds in yellow or rose gold plate. If you’re still after a little more adornment, why not try a simple fresh flower pinned near your ear or tucked into a chignon? Our odds-on favourites: the two-tone Mirth Stud Earrings are both eye-catching and delicate, with gently moving rose gold hoops on simple silver studs.
4. Dramatic rings. Spring carnival tends to call for cocktail-style dresses – so what better accompaniment than a cocktail ring? (Plus a champagne cocktail, of course!) The ideal finishing touch for your race day ensemble, our call is for high profile, arty styles in sterling silver with a central gemstone for a splash of colour.
Upping the stakes: we recommend not one but two favourites in this collection: the Ascendant Ring with its luminescent cabochon labradorite, and the Pacific Jewel Ring with its celestial white mabe pearl.