You have no items in your shopping cart.
Najo Design Competition
In celebration of our 30th year as an Australian Sterling Silver Jewellery Brand we would like to encourage and foster the next generation of talent in our country. Najo is a design focused Jewellery Company and for the first time have created a Design Competition to promote emerging designers and creativity in our industry.
The competition consists of two categories and one winner will be selected for each.
- Category 1 - Design Merit - This will be judged on originality, creativity and harmony in design.
- Category 2 - Commercial Appeal - This will be judged on the saleability of the piece, whether it has broad appeal and if it is harmonious with the Najo aesthetic.
- One winner from each category will receive a $2,000 cash prize.
- The winner of the Commercial Appeal category will also have their piece named after them, and it will be produced and become part of the Najo Spring/Summer 2017 collection.
How to Enter
- Your design must be submitted in a pdf format to email@example.com. All entries must include a cover page with the category you wish to enter and your contact details.
- Design must include front, side and top view hand drawings.
- Design only to be submitted, finished piece is not required.
- The design must embody the Najo aesthetic for Commercial Appeal category only.
- CAD diagrams are not required, but can be submitted along with hand drawn designs. CAD diagrams without hand drawn designs will not be accepted.
- The design must be a piece of jewellery, i.e. a bracelet, earring, necklace or ring and can include embellishments of gold, stones or other materials. The piece must be designed for sterling silver and hollowware or non-jewellery objects will not be accepted.
- Designer budget:
- Commercial Appeal category: design may not exceed a material value of $60.
- Design Merit category: design may not exceed a material value of $400
Please see full terms and conditions below prior to entering the competition to ensure eligibility of submission.
- The judging panel consists of 5 members with over 20 years’ experience in the industry including:
Peter Beck from Peter W Beck - Manufacturing
Katie King from Esola - Design
Laura Sawade from Peter W Beck - Marketing
Colin Desbrow from Silver Shop - Retailer
Jo Tory - Najo
- All entries will be judged by the panel and 5 finalists for each group will be shortlisted. The judging panel will offer advice and their feedback to the 10 finalists about their designs.
Save the dates
1st April: Competition opens to emerging designers.
31st May: Competition closes at 5pm.
31st July: Finalists will be announced and contacted.
27th August: Winners will be announced at the Najo Stand at the International Jewellery Fair.
Najo Design Forum
- Join our Facebook Forum for support from the Najo team including Managing Director - Jo Tory and Product Developer Anna Morwood. We encourage you to post questions, tips, design concepts and draw inspiration from within the community. We do suggest that all entrants visit our social media pages and website to get a feel of the NAJO brand and a history of the company.
Design Competition Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia who are apprentices, design students, jewellery design students and jewellery designers engaged in a commercial operation with a turnover of less than $100,000 pa who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants').
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, Permitz Group Pty Ltd (www.permitzgroup.com.au), contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Najo Pty Ltd (ABN 237 9566 1552) of Level 1 374 Pacific Highway, Lindfield NSW 2070 ('Promoter').
How to enter
- Eligible Entrants may enter this competition during the Promotional Period (defined below) by submitting a design according to the given categories via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEsA finished piece is not required. Designs must comly with the following:
- All designs must be hand drawn design with front, side and top view.
- The design must embody the Najo aesthetic in the Commercial Appeal category only.
- CAD diagrams are not required, but can be submitted along with hand drawn designS. CAD diagrams without hand drawn designs will not be accepted
- All designs must be submitted in one document in PDF format.
- Design must be jewellery. Hollowware or non-jewellery objects will not be accepted.
- The design must be a bracelet, earring, necklace or ring.
- Must be designed for sterling silver.
- Can include embellishments of gold, stones or other materials.
- Designer budget:
- Commercial Appeal category: design may not exceed a material value of $60
- Design Merit category: design may not exceed a material value of $400
- Entries must include a cover page with all contact details of the entrant including name, email address, mail address and telephone number. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
- The competition commences on 01/04/16 at 12:01 AM and closes 31/05/16 at 11:59 PM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- All entry receipts will be confirmed via email from Najo by 2/6/16. If entrants do not receive a confirmation by this date please contact Najo at email@example.com or phone (02) 94156663.
- Finalists will be announced on 31st July 2016, via email as well as the Najo website, Facebook page and ‘NAJO Design Competition’ Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAJODesignCompetition/). Finalists will not receive a prize as a result of being declared a finalist, they will be eligible for the next round of judging only.
- A five-member judging panel from different areas of the jewellery industry, including manufacturing, design and marketing, will give the winners and finalists in each category broad spectrum feedback of their designs.
- The winners will be the best valid entries (out of the finalists) as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Australian Jewellery Fair, 27th August 2016. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The winners will be notified by mail or email.
- Prizes will be sent within 8 weeks of the judging date.
Number of Entries permitted
- Entrants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each design is unique and an original creation.
Prize on offer
- Total prize value is up to $4000 (Including GST), as at 24/03/16.
- One winner will win Commercial Appeal: Winner will win a $2000 prize and their design will be produced and included in the Najo Spring/Summer 2017 Collection. The piece will be named after the designer.
- One winner will win Design Merit: Winner will win a $2000 prize and will be profiled on Najo Facebook and Najo website.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges' decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection Statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.